Monday, October 04, 2004

blood test

reinhardts blog
Bought a home blood sugar kit today in anticipation of seeing the nurse soon to have a test. I desperately don't want to change my medication which seems to be working well and stabilises my blood pressure (apart from when I indulge in too much alcohol). But part of the medication increases blood sugar, and in any age brings a greater risk of diabetes, so if my blood sugar rises to an unacceptable level I may well have to change medication which I don't want to do. So self-monitoring and keeping check is what I shall do to ensure that when I see nurse my sugar level will be reasonably normal.

I was apprehensive about pricking my finger and drawing blood. Don't like needles. But to my surprise it was very easy and no pain. And best still, blood sugar seems OK at 5.8. Can't find an internet site, though, that easily explains results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home